Surprise Valley Joint Unified School District
“CULTIVATING responsible learners and citizens through ACTIVE student, family, and community ENGAGEMENT”.
The Surprise Valley Joint Unified School District, in partnership with families and communities is committed to:
- Embracing diversity and value of our small community;
- Nurturing a safe, healthy school environment;
- Cultivating self-directed, respectful, confident, productive students;
- Fostering creative expression, critical thinking, meaningful collaboration, effective communication, and technological literacy;
- Implementing rigorous standards of teaching and learning;
- Providing opportunities for well-rounded learning in the classroom and community;
- Promoting a “college-going” culture with families and students; and
- Preparing students who will make successful transition to the next level of achievement in a global society.
Music in Schools
What does music mean to you? Check out this video by student videographer Sydna Kennedy to hear from Surprise Valley music students about what having music in school means to them. Please like, share, donate and help save our music program!
Help keep music in our schools! Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to keep music in Surprise Valley Schools. Any contribution would be greatly appreciated and help us reach our fundraising goal of $8,000 to keep our K-12 music program alive.
Learn more about what this program offers students with these videos by student videographer Sydna Kennedy.