Surprise Valley Joint Unified School District
“CULTIVATING responsible learners and citizens through ACTIVE student, family, and community ENGAGEMENT”.
The Surprise Valley Joint Unified School District, in partnership with families and communities is committed to:
- Embracing diversity and value of our small community;
- Nurturing a safe, healthy school environment;
- Cultivating self-directed, respectful, confident, productive students;
- Fostering creative expression, critical thinking, meaningful collaboration, effective communication, and technological literacy;
- Implementing rigorous standards of teaching and learning;
- Providing opportunities for well-rounded learning in the classroom and community;
- Promoting a “college-going” culture with families and students; and
- Preparing students who will make successful transition to the next level of achievement in a global society.
SVJUSD School Calendar 2019-2020 (REVISED)..pdf